Product Pathways - Metabolism
CA12 (D75C6) XP® Rabbit mAb #5864
|5864S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5864P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5864||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, F=Flow Cytometry
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CA12 (D75C6) XP® Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total CA12 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly39 of human CA12 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from SK-OV-3 and MCF7 cells using CA12 (D75C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Carbonic anhydrases (CA) are a family of ancient zinc metalloenzymes found in almost all living organisms. All CA can be divided into 3 distinct classes (α, β, and γ) that evolved independently and have no significant homology in sequence and overall folding. All functional CA catalyze the reversible hydration of CO2 into HCO3- and H+ and contain a zinc atom in the active sites essential for catalysis. There are many isoforms of CA in mammals and they all belong to the α class (1,2).
CA12, a member of the α class, is a plasma membrane protein with the catalytic domain in the extracellular space. CA12 is widely expressed in many tissues and is found at high levels in renal cell cancers. Its expression is induced by hypoxia in solid tumors and is considered to be a tumor marker (3-5). Genetic mutations in CA12 are associated with hyperchlorhidrosis (6,7).
- Smith, K.S. et al. (1999) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96, 15184-9.
- Tripp, B.C. et al. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 48615-8.
- Chiche, J. et al. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 358-68.
- Barnett, D.H. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 3505-15.
- Watson, P.H. et al. (2003) Br J Cancer 88, 1065-70.
- Feldshtein, M. et al. (2010) Am J Hum Genet 87, 713-20.
- Muhammad, E. et al. (2011) Hum Genet 129, 397-405.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 3716 HIF-1α Antibody
- 3718 HIF-1β/ARNT Antibody
- 3414 HIF-1β/ARNT (C15A11) Rabbit mAb
- 3434 Hydroxy-HIF-1α (Pro564) (D43B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5537 HIF-1β/ARNT (D28F3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5649 CA9 (D47G3) Rabbit mAb
- 5648 CA9 (D10C10) Rabbit mAb
- 5865 CA12 (D78E4) Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.