Product Pathways - Companion Products
Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (100X) #5871
|5871S||1 ml||---||In Stock||---|
|5871||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
When diluted in lysis buffer to a final concentration of 1X the Protease Inhibitor Cocktail prevents protein degradation by endogenous proteases present in whole cell extract. The 100X
Protease Inhibitor Cocktail is a clear, colorless liquid.
Directions for Use
1. Briefly vortex the Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (100X) before use.
2. Just prior to lysing cells, dilute the cocktail 1:100 in desired lysis buffer to obtain a 1X working concentration.
Solutions and Reagents
The Protease Inhibitor Cocktail (100X) is composed of a proprietary mix of AEBSF, Aprotinin, Bestatin, E64, Leupeptin, and Pepstatin A to promote broad spectrum protection against endogenous proteases. The cocktail does not contain EDTA (a metalloprotease inhibitor) which can be incompatible with some downstream applications (i.e. protein assays, 2D electrophoresis, etc.). If EDTA is desired as a protease inhibitor it can be added to the cell lysis buffer at a final working concentration of 5 mM.
In order to study specific target proteins of interest protease-mediated degradation during the generation of protein lysates is to be avoided. A loss of normal cellular control occurs during cell lysis, and endogenous proteases within the cell extract are free to degrade proteins in an uncontrolled manner. The addition of protease inhibitors to the cell lysis buffer aids in the preservation of target proteins in the cell extract.
- Balakrishnan, B. et al. (2013) PLoS One 8, e53845. Applications: Companion Products.
- Alduaij, W. et al. (2011) Blood 117, 4519-29. Applications: Companion Products.
- Arzumanyan, A. et al. (2011) Cancer Res 71, 3701-8. Applications: Companion Products.
- Honeychurch, J. et al. (2012) Blood 119, 3523-33. Applications: Companion Products.
- Arzumanyan, A. et al. (2012) Oncogene 31, 563-72. Applications: Companion Products.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.