Product Pathways - PI3K / Akt Signaling
eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb #5880
|5880S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|5880||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Bovine||Endogenous||140||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin)
Specificity / Sensitivity
eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total eNos protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to human eNOS protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from BAEC and HUVEC cells using eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon adenocarcinoma using eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung adenocarcinoma using eNOS (6H2) Mouse mAb.
Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important enzyme in the cardiovascular system. It catalyzes the production of nitric oxide (NO), a key regulator of blood pressure, vascular remodeling, and angiogenesis (1,2). The activity of eNOS is regulated by phosphorylation at multiple sites. The two most thoroughly studied sites are the activation site Ser1177 and the inhibitory site Thr495 (3). Several protein kinases including Akt/PKB, PKA, and AMPK activate eNOS by phosphorylating Ser1177 in response to various stimuli (4,5). In contrast, bradykinin and H2O2 activate eNOS activity by promoting both Ser1177 phosphorylation and Thr495 dephosphorylation (6,7).
- Fulton, D. et al. (2001) J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 299, 818-824.
- Shaul, P.W. (2002) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 64, 749-774.
- Chen, Z.P. et al. (1999) FEBS Lett. 443, 285-289.
- Dimmeler, S. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 601-605.
- Fulton, D. et al. (1999) Nature 399, 597-601.
- Harris, M.B. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 16587-16591.
- Thomas, S.R. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 6017-6024.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9586 eNOS (49G3) Rabbit mAb
- 9574 Phospho-eNOS (Thr495) Antibody
- 9575 Phospho-eNOS (Ser113) Antibody
- 9571 Phospho-eNOS (Ser1177) Antibody
- 9272 Akt Antibody
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2965 Phospho-Akt (Thr308) (C31E5E) Rabbit mAb
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8125 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Mouse)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.