Product Pathways - Adhesion
Phospho-Desmoplakin (Ser165/166) Antibody #5885
|W||H M R Mk||Endogenous||250||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Desmoplakin (Ser165/166) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of desmoplakin protein only when phosphorylated at Ser165/166.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser165/166 of human desmoplakin protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Desmosomes are a class of intracellular junction that tightly link adjacent cells in mechanically stressed tissues such as the epithelium and myocardium (1). They derive their characteristic strength from the protein Desmoplakin, which acts as a tether by binding the cytoplasmic component of the Desmosome at it’s N-terminus (2) while its C-terminus is anchored to the intermediate-filament cytoskeleton (3). This association mitigates the impact of mechanical forces on the desmosome by distributing them throughout the cytoskeleton and tissue (4). Desmoplakin is essential for normal desmosomal adhesion (5); defects can result in pathologies that include cardiomyopathy (6), keratoderma (7), or the skin blistering disease Epidermolysis bullosa (8).
Phospho-Desmoplakin (Ser165/166) Antibody is directed against a site that was identified at Cell Signaling Technology (CST) using PTMScan®, our LC-MS/MS platform for modification site discovery. Please visit PhosphoSitePlus®, a modification site knowledgebase developed and maintained by CST, at www.phosphosite.org for more information.
- Stokes, D.L. (2007) Curr Opin Cell Biol 19, 565-71.
- Kowalczyk, A.P. et al. (1997) J Cell Biol 139, 773-84.
- Meng, J.J. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 21495-503.
- Green, K.J. and Simpson, C.L. (2007) J Invest Dermatol 127, 2499-515.
- Vasioukhin, V. et al. (2001) Nat Cell Biol 3, 1076-85.
- Rampazzo, A. et al. (2002) Am J Hum Genet 71, 1200-6.
- Armstrong, D.K. et al. (1999) Hum Mol Genet 8, 143-8.
- Jonkman, M.F. et al. (2005) Am J Hum Genet 77, 653-60.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2309 γ-Catenin Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.