Product Pathways - Development
SP1 Antibody #5931
|W IP||H Mk||Endogenous||90||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SP1 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total SP1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro593 of human SP1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Specificity protein 1 (SP1) is a ubiquitously expressed transcription factor belonging to the family of C2H2-type zinc finger containing DNA-binding proteins. SP1 binds GC-rich motifs with high affinity and regulates the expression of numerous mammalian genes (1,2). It interacts with many other transcription factors, such as c-Myc, EGR1, and Stat1, and with basal transcription machinery components. SP1 interacts with chromatin-modifying factors, such as histone deacetylases (HDACs) and p300 in chromatin remodeling. Transcriptional activity and stability of SP1 are regulated by post-translational modification, including phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitination, and glycosylation (3). Glycosylation of SP1 following insulin treatment leads to increased nuclear localization, while glucagon treatment increases cytoplasmic SP1 levels (4-6). Investigators have found high levels of SP1 in patients with Alzheimer's disease (7).
- Kadonaga, J.T. et al. (1987) Cell 51, 1079-90.
- Song, J. et al. (2003) Int J Mol Med 11, 547-53.
- Tan, N.Y. and Khachigian, L.M. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 2483-8.
- Majumdar, G. et al. (2003) Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 285, E584-91.
- Majumdar, G. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 3642-50.
- Solomon, S.S. et al. (2008) Life Sci 83, 305-12.
- Citron, B.A. et al. (2008) J Neurosci Res 86, 2499-504.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.