Product Pathways - Neuroscience
BRSK1 (D10F2) Rabbit mAb #5935
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||90||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BRSK1 (D10F2) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total BRSK1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly485 of human BRSK1 protein.
Brain-specific kinase 1 (BRSK1; SAD-B) and Brain-specific kinase 2 (BRSK2; SAD-A) are serine/threonine kinases closely related to AMPK. LKB1 phosphorylates Thr189 in the T-loop of BRSK1 and Thr174 in the T-loop of BRSK2, resulting in activation of the kinases (1). BRSK1 localizes to synaptic vesicles in the hippocampus and cerebellum, together with the active zone proteins Bassoon and CAST, and BRSK1 phoshorylates the active zone protein RIM1 (2). An alternatively spliced from of BRSK1 displays unique activity during the cell cycle, phosphorylating Ser131 of γ-tubulin and controling centrosome duplication (3). Neuronal polarization, including axon formation, is fundamental for normal brain development. BRSK1 -/- and BRSK2 -/- mice have defects in neuronal polarity and impaired corticogenesis (4). Knockdown of BRSK1 and BRSK2 in vitro diminishes axonal growth (5).
- Bright, N.J. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 14946-54.
- Inoue, E. et al. (2006) Neuron 50, 261-75.
- Alvarado-Kristensson, M. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 1081-92.
- Kishi, M. et al. (2005) Science 307, 929-32.
- Choi, Y.J. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 2485-95.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5460 BRSK2 (D29B6) Rabbit mAb
- 5132 PhosphoPlus® LKB1 (Ser428) Antibody Duet
- 8208 PhosphoPlus® AMPKα (Thr172) Antibody Duet
- 9839 AMPK Subunit Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9957 AMPK and ACC Antibody Sampler Kit
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.