Product Pathways - Metabolism
VMS1 (D10E6) Rabbit mAb #5937
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
VMS1 (D10E6) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total VMS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly332 of mouse VMS1 protein.
Mitochondria are membrane-bound subcellular organelles critical to many functions in eukaryotic cells (1). Several mechanisms have been found to play a role in mitochondria quality control (2). A recent study identified mitochondria-associated protein degradation as one such mechanism (1,2). The study showed that VMS1 (VCP/Cdc48-associated mitochondrial stress-responsive) interacts with VCP/Cdc48 and Npl4, two components in the endoplasmic reticulum-associated protein degradation pathway, and mediates the degradation of damaged mitochondrial proteins under stress conditions (1). Defective VMS1 compromises mitochondrial functions and cell viability (1).
- Heo, J.M. et al. (2010) Mol Cell 40, 465-80.
- Chatenay-Lapointe, M. and Shadel, G.S. (2010) Cell Metab 12, 559-60.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.