Product Pathways - Angiogenesis
ETS-1 Antibody #6258
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||52||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ETS-1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total ETS-1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ser179 of human ETS-1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ETS-1 is a proto-oncoprotein that belongs to the E26 Transformation-specific Sequence (ETS) family of transcription factors that share a unique and highly conserved DNA binding domain (1). ETS-1 plays important roles in vascular development and angiogenesis (2), and vascular inflammation and remodeling (3). The target genes of ETS-1 include receptor tyrosine kinases, MMPs, and cell adhesion molecules (4-6). In addition, ETS-1 is involved in regulation of energy metabolism in cancer cells (7). ETS-1 activity is regulated by two different types of phosphorylation sites. While phosphorylation at a cluster of serine residues in the exon VII domain by CaMKII inhibits ETS-1 DNA binding activity (8), phosphorylation at its Thr38 site by Ras activates ETS-1 (9).
- Bartel, F.O. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 6443-54.
- Sato, Y. (2001) Cell Struct Funct 26, 19-24.
- Oettgen, P. (2006) Circ Res 99, 1159-66.
- Dube, A. et al. (1999) Circ Res 84, 1177-85.
- Lelièvre, E. et al. (2000) Oncogene 19, 2438-46.
- Ghosh, S. et al. (2012) J Biol Chem 287, 15001-15.
- Verschoor, M.L. et al. (2010) PLoS One 5, e13565.
- Pognonec, P. et al. (1988) EMBO J 7, 977-83.
- Yang, B.S. et al. (1996) Mol Cell Biol 16, 538-47.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.