Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb #6334
|W IP IHC-P IF-IC||H||Endogenous||62||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Chk2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to human Chk2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunoprecipitation of Chk2 from 293 cell extracts using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb (lane 2). Western blot detection was performed using the same antibody. Lane 1 is 10% input.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcioma using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human ovarian serous adenocarcinoma using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded cell pellets, HCT 116 (left) or MDA-MB-231 (right), using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb.
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of HCT 116 (left) and HCT-15 (right) cells using Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DY-554 phalloidin (red).
Chk2 is the mammalian orthologue of the budding yeast Rad53 and fission yeast Cds1 checkpoint kinases (1-3). The amino-terminal domain of Chk2 contains a series of seven serine or threonine residues (Ser19, Thr26, Ser28, Ser33, Ser35, Ser50, and Thr68) each followed by glutamine (SQ or TQ motif). These are known to be preferred sites for phosphorylation by ATM/ATR kinases (4,5). After DNA damage by ionizing radiation (IR), UV irradiation, or hydroxyurea treatment, Thr68 and other sites in this region become phosphorylated by ATM/ATR (5-7). The SQ/TQ cluster domain, therefore, seems to have a regulatory function. Phosphorylation at Thr68 is a prerequisite for the subsequent activation step, which is attributable to autophosphorylation of Chk2 at residues Thr383 and Thr387 in the activation loop of the kinase domain (8).
- Allen, J.B. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2401-2415.
- Weinert, T.A. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 652-665.
- Murakami, H. and Okayama, H. (1995) Nature 374, 817-819.
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10389-10394.
- Melchionna, R. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 762-765.
- Ahn, J.Y. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 5934-5936.
- Lee, C.H. and Chung, J.H. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30537-30541.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 3440 Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 2666 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 2665 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser33/35) Antibody
- 2197 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 2669 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser516) Antibody
- 9931 Phospho-Chk1/2 Antibody Sampler Kit
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.