Product Pathways - Vesicle Trafficking
REPS1 (D6F4) Rabbit mAb #6404
|W IP||H||Endogenous||125||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
REPS1 (D6F4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total REPS1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Asn189 of human REPS1 protein.
REPS1 is a RalBP1-associated EH-homology domain containing protein. The sequence of REPS1 has an EH domain, followed by two proline-rich segments, and a C-terminal coiled-coil domain for binding to RalBP1 (1). The EH domain of REPS1 interacts with the NPF motif of Rab11-FIP2, mediates their colocalization to endosome vesicles, and influences EGFR endocytosis (2). The two proline-rich regions of REPS1 are important for binding to the SH3 domain of GRK/GRB2 and further regulate EGFR downstream signaling. The proline-rich regions of REPS1 have also been shown to interact with the SH3 domain of intersectin1 (ITSN1) and contribute to ITSN1/SGIP1/REPS1 complex formation on clathrin-coated pits (3). Three alternatively spliced isoforms of REPS1 have been identified.
- Yamaguchi, A. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 31230-4.
- Cullis, D.N. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 49158-66.
- Dergai, O. et al. (2010) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 402, 408-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.