Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
DR1 Antibody #6447
|W IP||H M R Mk (Dm) (Z) (Dg) (Pg)||Endogenous||19||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Dm=D. melanogaster Z=Zebrafish Dg=Dog Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
DR1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total DR1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly112 of human DR1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Down-regulator of transcription 1 (DR1), also known as negative cofactor 2-β (NC2-β), forms a heterodimer with DR1 associated protein 1 (DRAP1)/NC2-α and acts as a negative regulator of RNA polymerase II and III (RNAPII and III) transcription (1-5). DR1 activity is thought to be important for modulating the switch between basal transcription activity and transcription activator driven transcription (2,6,7). DR1 interaction with TATA binding protein (TBP) blocks the association of general transcription factors TFIIA and TFIIB with TBP and disrupts the formation of the RNAPII transcription initiation complex (1,8,9). RNAPIII driven transcription is also inhibited by DR1 interaction with TBP. DR1 disrupts the interaction of TBP with the TFIIB related factor (BRF)/RNAPIII B-related factor, inhibiting transcription initiation by the RNAPIII machinery (4).
- Inostroza, J.A. et al. (1992) Cell 70, 477-89.
- Meisterernst, M. and Roeder, R.G. (1991) Cell 67, 557-67.
- Mermelstein, F. et al. (1996) Genes Dev 10, 1033-48.
- White, R.J. et al. (1994) Science 266, 448-50.
- Kantidakis, T. and White, R.J. (2010) Nucleic Acids Res 38, 1228-39.
- Kraus, V.B. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91, 6279-82.
- Yeung, K.C. et al. (1994) Genes Dev 8, 2097-109.
- Kim, T.K. et al. (1995) J Biol Chem 270, 10976-81.
- Kamada, K. et al. (2001) Cell 106, 71-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 4169 TFIIB (2F6A3H4) Mouse mAb
- 2629 Rpb1 CTD (4H8) Mouse mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.