Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Synapsin-1 (D13C1) Rabbit mAb #6710
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||77||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Synapsin-1 (D13C1) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of total synapsin-1 protein. The antigen is 100% conserved between human synapsin-1a and synapsin-1b.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro575 of human synapsin-1 protein.
Synapsins, a group of at least five related members (synapsins Ia, Ib, IIa, IIb, and IIIa), are abundant brain proteins essential for regulating neurotransmitter release (1,2). All synapsins contain a short amino-terminal domain that is highly conserved and phosphorylated by PKA or CaM kinase I (1). Phosphorylation of the synapsin amino-terminal domain at Ser9 inhibits its binding to phospholipids and dissociates synapsins from synaptic vesicles (2).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 6897 Bassoon (D63B6) Rabbit mAb
- 5843 GAD2 (D5G2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5664 CNPase (D83E10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5568 β3-Tubulin (D71G9) XP® Rabbit mAb
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.