Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
RBAP46 (V415) Antibody #6882
|6882S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6882||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||48||Rabbit|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Species predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology: Pig, Horse.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RBAP46 (V415) Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total RBAP46 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with the RBAP48 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RBAP46 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using RBAP46 (V415) Antibody.
Retinoblastoma-associated proteins 46 and 48 (RBAP46 and RBAP48; also known as RBBP7 and RBBP4) were first characterized in human cells as proteins that bind to the retinoblastoma (Rb) tumor suppressor protein (1). Since then, these proteins have been shown to be components of many protein complexes involved in chromatin regulation, including the chromatin assembly factor 1 (CAF-1) complex and type B histone acetyltransferase complex HAT1, both of which function in chromatin assembly during DNA replication (2,3). RBAP46 and RBAP48 are also found in the nucleosome remodeling factor complex NURF, the nucleosome remodeling and histone de-acetylation complex NuRD, and the Sin3/HDAC histone de-acetylation complex (4-7). More recently, RBAP46 and RBAP48 were identified as components of the polycomb repressor complex PRC2, which also contains EED and Ezh2 (8). RBAP46 and RBAP48 bind to the histone fold region of histone H4 and are believed to target these chromatin remodeling, histone acetylation, and histone de-acetylation complexes to their histone substrates (3).
- Qian, Y.W. et al. (1993) Nature 364, 648-52.
- Verreault, A. et al. (1996) Cell 87, 95-104.
- Verreault, A. et al. (1998) Curr Biol 8, 96-108.
- Barak, O. et al. (2003) EMBO J 22, 6089-100.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1999) Genes Dev 13, 1924-35.
- Zhang, Y. et al. (1997) Cell 89, 357-64.
- Kuzmichev, A. et al. (2002) Genes Dev 16, 2893-905.
- Cao, R. et al. (2002) Science 298, 1039-43.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4522 RBAP46 Antibody
- 4633 RBAP46/RBAP48 Antibody
- 4241 CHD3 Antibody
- 4245 CHD4 Antibody
- 2062 Histone Deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) Antibody
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 2545 HDAC2 Antibody (IP Preferred)
- 3896 MBD3 Antibody
- 5646 MTA1 (D17G10) Rabbit mAb
- 5647 MTA1 (D40D1) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3147 Ezh2 (AC22) Mouse mAb
- 4905 Ezh2 Antibody
- 5246 Ezh2 (D2C9) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.