Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
BRM Antibody #6889
|W||H Mk (Dg)||Endogenous||200||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey Dg=Dog
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
BRM Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total BRM protein. This antibody does not cross-react with BRG1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly264 of human BRM protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complexes play an essential role in the regulation of various nuclear processes, such as gene expression, DNA replication, and repair (1,2). The SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complex consists of more than 10 subunits with a single molecule of the ATPase catalytic subunit BRM or BRG1, but not both. The activities of these two subunits drive the disruption of histone-DNA contacts that lead to changes in accessibility of crucial regulatory elements within chromatin (2-5). The BRM/BRG1 containing SWI/SNF complexes are recruited to target promoters by transcription factors, such as nuclear receptors, p53, RB, and BRCA1 to regulate gene activation, cell growth, the cell cycle, and differentiation processes (1,6-9). BRM and BRG1 are also considered to be tumor suppressors and their expression levels are severely reduced in several cancer cell lines (10-13).
- Ho, L. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Nature 463, 474-84.
- Becker, P.B. and Hörz, W. (2002) Annu Rev Biochem 71, 247-73.
- Eberharter, A. and Becker, P.B. (2004) J Cell Sci 117, 3707-11.
- Bowman, G.D. (2010) Curr Opin Struct Biol 20, 73-81.
- Gangaraju, V.K. and Bartholomew, B. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 3-17.
- Lessard, J.A. and Crabtree, G.R. (2010) Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 26, 503-32.
- Morettini, S. et al. (2008) Front Biosci 13, 5522-32.
- Wolf, I.M. et al. (2008) J Cell Biochem 104, 1580-6.
- Simone, C. (2006) J Cell Physiol 207, 309-14.
- Yamamichi, N. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 5471-81.
- Reisman, D.N. et al. (2002) Oncogene 21, 1196-207.
- Shen, H. et al. (2008) Cancer Res 68, 10154-62.
- Weissman, B. and Knudsen, K.E. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 8223-30.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3514 Brg1 (P680) Antibody
- 3508 Brg1 (A52) Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.