Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
SMC1 (8E6) Mouse mAb #6892
|6892S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6892||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||145||Mouse IgG1|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
SMC1 (8E6) Mouse mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SMC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with recombinant protein specific to the amino terminus of human SMC1 protein.
The cohesin complex consists of a heterodimer between SMC1 (SMC1A or B) and SMC3, bound by additional RAD21 and STAG proteins (STAG1, 2, or 3) (1,2). These proteins form a ring-like structure that mediates the cohesion of two sister chromatids after DNA replication in S phase (1,2). RAD21 and STAG2 are phosphorylated by Polo-like kinase (PLK) during prophase, which leads to the dissociation of cohesin complexes from the chromosome arms; however, cohesin remains bound to centromeres until anaphase (3,4). RAD21 is cleaved by separin/ESPL1 in anaphase, which leads to dissociation of the remaining cohesin from centromeres, enabling sister chromatids to segregate during mitosis (5). RAD21 is also cleaved by caspase-3 and caspase-7 during apoptosis, resulting in a 64 kDa carboxy-terminal cleavage product that translocates to the cytoplasm and may help to trigger apoptosis (6,7). In addition to mediating cohesion of sister chromatids, the cohesin complex plays important roles in gene regulation and DNA repair, as SMC1 and SMC3 are both phosphorylated by ATM and ATR kinases upon DNA damage (1,2).
- Peters, J.M. et al. (2008) Genes Dev 22, 3089-114.
- Barbero, J.L. (2009) Cell Mol Life Sci 66, 2025-35.
- Hoque, M.T. and Ishikawa, F. (2001) J Biol Chem 276, 5059-67.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2005) PLoS Biol 3, e69.
- Hauf, S. et al. (2001) Science 293, 1320-3.
- Pati, D. et al. (2002) Mol Cell Biol 22, 8267-77.
- Chen, F. et al. (2002) J Biol Chem 277, 16775-81.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4029 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser360) Antibody
- 4801 Phospho-SMC1 (Ser957) Antibody
- 4802 SMC1 Antibody
- 5696 SMC3 (D47B5) Rabbit mAb
- 4321 RAD21 (D213) Antibody
- 4449 RAD21 (L611) Antibody
- 5882 STAG2 (D25A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.