Product Pathways - Neuroscience
Bassoon (D63B6) Rabbit mAb #6897
|W IF-F||M R (H)||Endogenous||420||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bassoon (D63B6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Bassoon protein. Some background staining was observed in muscle tissue and the choroid plexus by confocal immunofluorescent analysis.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gln1217 of human bassoon protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from mouse and rat brain tissues using Bassoon (D63B6) Rabbit mAb.
Bassoon (BSN), named such to underline its presumptive role in orchestrating events of the synaptic vesicle cycle (1), is a very large coiled-coil protein and is one of the core components of the cytomatrix at the active zones of both excitatory and inhibitory synapses (2). BSN is a scaffold protein that is a component of the synaptic ribbon, an electron-dense structure anchored at the active zone that tethers synaptic vesicles. Genetic disruption of BSN displaces the anchoring of ribbons to the active zones of photoreceptors and cochlear inner hair cells (3), and this displacement of the ribbons substantially impairs synaptic transmission, suggesting that, when present, BSN is important for the vesicle cycle (4).
- Winter, C. et al. (1999) Genomics 57, 389-97.
- Hallermann, S. et al. (2010) Neuron 68, 710-23.
- Frank, T. et al. (2010) Neuron 68, 724-38.
- Joselevitch, C. and Zenisek, D. (2010) Neuron 68, 604-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3450 PSD95 (D27E11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5461 Synaptophysin (D35E4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5297 Synapsin-1 (D12G5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.