Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
CHFR (D40H6) Rabbit mAb #6904
|W IP||H M R Mk||Endogenous||80||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHFR (D40H6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CHFR protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys612 of human CHFR protein.
Western blot analysis of MDA-MB-231 cells untreated (-) or nocodazole-treated (+) using CHFR (D40H6) Rabbit mAb.
Checkpoint with forkhead and RING finger domains protein (CHFR) is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase that regulates cell cycle progression. In response to microtubule stress, CHFR delays the transition into mitosis by excluding cyclin B1 from the nucleus prior to chromosome condensation (1). Marked reduction of CHFR expression was detected in primary tumors and decreased CHFR expression was linked to promoter hypermethylation (1-4). Restoration of CHFR expression by treatment with the microtubule stress agent nocodazole and the methyltransferase inhibitor 5-aza-2'-deoxycytidine has been reported (4,5).
- Summers, M.K. et al. (2005) Oncogene 24, 2589-98.
- Privette, L.M. et al. (2007) Cancer Res 67, 6064-74.
- Morioka, Y. et al. (2006) Anticancer Res 26, 4267-70.
- Satoh, A. et al. (2003) Cancer Res 63, 8606-13.
- Dang, C. and Hudis, C. (2006) Clin Breast Cancer 7, 51-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4297 CHFR Antibody
- 4135 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb
- 4112 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4118 Cyclin B1 (V152) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 4138 Cyclin B1 Antibody
- 4133 Phospho-Cyclin B1 (Ser133) (9E3) Rabbit mAb
- 4131 Phospho-Cyclin B1 (Ser147) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.