Product Pathways - Metabolism
ACO2 Antibody #6922
|W IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||85||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
ACO2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total ACO2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly540 of human ACO2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Aconitase 2 (ACO2) catalyzes the conversion of citrate to isocitrate via cis-aconitate in the second step of the tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle (1,2). ACO2 is also an important regulator of iron homeostasis within cells (1-4). In addition, research studies have shown that this enzyme is deficient in the mitochondrial disease Friedreich's Ataxia (4,5).
- Gille, G. and Reichmann, H. (2011) J Neural Transm 118, 349-59.
- Mirel, D.B. et al. (1998) Gene 213, 205-18.
- Myers, C.R. et al. (2010) Free Radic Biol Med 49, 1903-15.
- Rötig, A. et al. (1997) Nat Genet 17, 215-7.
- Ye, H. and Rouault, T.A. (2010) Biochemistry 49, 4945-56.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5557 Succinyl-CoA Synthetase Antibody
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 3886 Glycogen Synthase (15B1) Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.