Product Pathways - Metabolism
PANK2 Antibody (Mouse Specific) #6923
Reactivity Key: M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PANK2 Antibody (Mouse Specific) recognizes endogenous levels of total PANK2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of mouse PANK2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PANK2, pantothenate kinase 2, catalyzes the first step in CoA biosynthesis (1, 2). Human PANK2 is located in the mitochondria, and some mutations in human PANK2 are linked to neurodegeneration (2). Alternatively, mouse PANK2 localizes in the cytosol, and defective PANK2 in mice leads to retinal degeneration (1, 2).
- Leonardi, R. et al. (2007) FEBS Lett 581, 4639-44.
- Zhang, Y.M. et al. (2006) J Biol Chem 281, 107-14.
- Kuo, Y.M. et al. (2005) Hum Mol Genet 14, 49-57.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5322 GFAT1 (D12F4) Rabbit mAb
- 3818 GFAT1 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.