Product Pathways - Metabolism
PCK2 Antibody #6924
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||71||Rabbit|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PCK2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total PCK2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human PCK2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
PCK2 (PEPCK2 or PEPCK-M) encodes an isoform of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) that is found in the mitochondria of renal and hepatic tissues (1). PEPCK is involved in gluconeogenesis, the process of generating glucose from non-carbohydrate substrates such as lactate and glycerol (2). PEPCK catalyzes the reaction whereby oxaloacetate becomes phosphoenolpyruvate, a rate limiting step in the metabolic process (2). The predominant function of PCK2 is to process the lactate that is continually produced by red blood cells in the liver and kidney (1).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 2760 Glucagon Antibody
- 9197 CREB (48H2) Rabbit mAb
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.