Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) (D49G4) Rabbit mAb #6943
|W IP||H M R||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Src Family (Tyr416) (D49G4) Rabbit mAb detects endogenous levels of Src only when phosphorylated at Tyr416. The antibody may cross-react with other Src family members (Lyn, Fyn, Lck, Yes and Hck) when phosphorylated at equivalent sites. It may cross react with overexpressed phosphorylated RTKs.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr416 of human Src protein.
The Src family of protein tyrosine kinases, which includes Src, Lyn, Fyn, Yes, Lck, Blk, and Hck, are important in the regulation of growth and differentiation of eukaryotic cells (1). Src activity is regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation at two sites, but with opposing effects. While phosphorylation at Tyr416 in the activation loop of the kinase domain upregulates enzyme activity, phosphorylation at Tyr527 in the carboxy-terminal tail by Csk renders the enzyme less active (2).
- Thomas, S.M. and Brugge, J.S. (1997) Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 513-609.
- Hunter, T. (1987) Cell 49, 1-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2123 Src (32G6) Rabbit mAb
- 2108 Src Antibody
- 2109 Src (36D10) Rabbit mAb
- 2110 Src (L4A1) Mouse mAb
- 2102 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr416) (7G9) Mouse mAb
- 2105 Phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 2107 Non-phospho-Src (Tyr527) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.