Product Pathways - Apoptosis
Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb #6947
|W IP IHC-P||H Mk||Endogenous||25||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Bak protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly82 of human Bak protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon carcinoma using Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human lung carcinoma using Bak (D2D3) Rabbit mAb.
Bak is a proapoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family (1). This protein is located on the outer membrane of mitochondria and is an essential component for transduction of apoptotic signals through the mitochondrial pathway (2,3). Upon apoptotic stimulation, an upstream stimulator like truncated BID (tBID) induces conformational changes in Bak to form oligomer channels in the mitochondrial membrane for cytochrome c release. The release of cytochrome c to the cytosol activates the caspase-9 pathway and eventually leads to cell death (4,5).
- Gross, A. et al. (1999) Genes Dev. 13, 1899-1911.
- Wei, M.C. et al. (2001) Science 292, 727-730.
- Zong, W.X. et al. (2001) Genes Dev. 15, 1481-1486.
- Degenhardt, K. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 14127-14134.
- Wei, M.C. et al. (2000) Genes Dev. 14, 2060-2071.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3814 Bak Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 8059 SignalStain® DAB Substrate Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.