Product Pathways - Motif Antibodies
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) #6950
Reactivity Key: All=All species expected
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb (HRP Conjugate) recognizes peptides and proteins containing phospho-serine/threonine preceded by arginine at the -3 position. There is some preference observed for peptides that contain phospho-serine/threonine preceded by arginine at both positions -5 and -3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with synthetic phospho-Akt substrate peptides.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to the carbohydrate groups of horseradish peroxidase (HRP) via its amine groups. The HRP conjugated antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb #9614.
An important class of kinases, referred to as Arg-directed kinases or AGC-family kinases, includes cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA), cGMP-dependent protein kinase (PKG), protein kinase C, Akt, and RSK. These kinases share a substrate specificity characterized by Arg at position -3 relative to the phosphorylated Ser or Thr (1,2). Akt plays a central role in mediating critical cellular responses including cell growth and survival, angiogenesis, and transcriptional regulation (3-5). While a number of Akt substrates are known (such as GSK-3, Bad, and caspase-9) many important substrates await discovery. Akt phosphorylates substrates only at Ser/Thr in a conserved motif characterized by Arg at positions -5 and -3 (6). Phospho-Akt substrate-specific antibodies from Cell Signaling Technology are powerful tools for investigating the regulation of phosphorylation by Akt and other Arg-directed kinases, as well as for high throughput kinase drug discovery.
- Montminy, M. (1997) Annu Rev Biochem 66, 807-22.
- Pearson, R.B. and Kemp, B.E. (1991) Methods Enzymol 200, 62-81.
- Marte, B.M. and Downward, J. (1997) Trends Biochem Sci 22, 355-8.
- Jiang, B.H. et al. (2000) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 97, 1749-53.
- Scheid, M.P. and Woodgett, J.R. (2000) Curr Biol 10, R191-4.
- Alessi, D.R. et al. (1996) FEBS Lett 399, 333-8.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9611 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Akt Substrate Antibody
- 9624 Phospho-PKA Substrate (RRXS*/T*) (100G7E) Rabbit mAb
- 6949 Phospho-Threonine Antibody (P-Thr-Polyclonal) (HRP Conjugate)
- 9614 Phospho-Akt Substrate (RXXS*/T*) (110B7E) Rabbit mAb
- 5465 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (HRP Conjugate)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 2261 Phospho-(Ser) PKC Substrate Antibody
- 9916 Phospho-Akt Pathway Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9920 Phospho-(Ser/Thr) Kinase Substrate Antibody Sampler Kit
- 4060 Phospho-Akt (Ser473) (D9E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6211 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA I
- 6510 SignalSilence® Akt siRNA II
- 6909 SignalSilence® Akt1 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6396 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA
- 6407 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA I (Mouse Specific)
- 6408 SignalSilence® Akt2 siRNA II (Mouse Specific)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.