Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
GIT2 Antibody #6953
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
GIT2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total GIT2 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human GIT2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR) kinase interacting proteins 1 and 2 (GIT1 and GIT2) are highly conserved, ubiquitous scaffold proteins involved in localized signaling to help regulate focal contact assembly and cytoskeletal dynamics. GIT proteins contain multiple interaction domains that allow interaction with small GTPases (including ARF, Rac, and cdc42), kinases (such as PAK and MEK), the Rho family GEF Pix, and the focal adhesion protein paxillin (reviewed in 1). GIT1 and GIT2 share many of the same properties, but with at least ten distinct, tissue-specific splice variants. GIT2 has been shown to play an important role in inhibiting focal adhesion turnover and membrane protrusion (2,3). Focal adhesion localization and paxillin binding of GIT2 is regulated through phosphorylation at one or more tyrosine sites (Tyr286, Tyr392, Tyr592) by FAK and/or Src (4,5,reviewed in 6). Once at the focal adhesion, GIT2 is thought to play a key role in cell polarity and migration, making it a protein of interest in the investigation of oncogenic signaling pathways (3,5,7).
- Hoefen, R.J. and Berk, B.C. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 1469-75.
- Premont, R.T. et al. (2000) J Biol Chem 275, 22373-80.
- Frank, S.R. et al. (2006) EMBO J 25, 1848-59.
- Brown, M.C. et al. (2005) Mol Biol Cell 16, 4316-28.
- Yu, J.A. et al. (2009) Mol Biol Cell 20, 4706-19.
- Yu, J.A. et al. Cell Adh Migr 4, 342-7.
- Mazaki, Y. et al. (2006) Nat Immunol 7, 724-31.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2542 Paxillin Antibody
- 2919 GIT-1 Antibody
- 2541 Phospho-Paxillin (Tyr118) Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 4515 Cool1/βPix Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.