Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
CdGAP Antibody #6954
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CdGAP Antibody detects endogenous levels of total CdGAP protein. In certain cell lines, CdGAP Antibody recognizes a 125 kDa band of unknown origin.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the central region of human CdGAP protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
The Rho family of small GTPases, including Rho, Rac and Cdc42, act as molecular switches, regulating processes such as cell migration, adhesion, proliferation and differentiation. They are activated by guanine nucleotide exchange factors (GEFs), which catalyze the exchange of bound GDP for GTP, and inhibited by GTPase activating proteins (GAPs), which catalyze the hydrolysis of GTP to GDP (1). The serine- and proline-rich GAP protein, Cdc42 GAP (CdGAP), has been shown to be a negative regulator of both Cdc42 and Rac1, but not RhoA (2,3). This protein contains three domains: an N-terminal GAP domain, a central domain, and a C-terminal proline-rich domain containing five Src homology 3 (SH3)-binding sites. It is suggested that threonine and serine phosphorylation within the proline-rich domain likely alters protein-protein interactions and determines the localization of CdGAP (4). Phopshorylation of CdGAP on threonine 776 by both ERK-1 and GSK-3 has been shown to negatively regulate protein activity, possibly by inducing a conformational change within the protein disrupting it’s ability to bind SH3 domains (4,5). Upregulation of CdGAP has been shown to increase cell proliferation and it has been suggested that this protein may play a role in TGF-β-induced cell growth, motility and invasion in some breast cancer cells (6).
- Takai, Y. et al. (2001) Physiol Rev 81, 153-208.
- Tcherkezian, J. et al. (2006) Biol Cell 98, 445-56.
- Lamarche-Vane, N. and Hall, A. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 29172-7.
- Tcherkezian, J. et al. (2005) Mol Cell Biol 25, 6314-29.
- Danek, E.I. et al. (2007) J Biol Chem 282, 3624-31.
- He, Y. et al. (2010) Oncogene , .
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 2466 Cdc42 (11A11) Rabbit mAb
- 4651 Rac1/Cdc42 Antibody
- 2461 Phospho-Rac1/cdc42 (Ser71) Antibody
- 2462 Cdc42 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.