Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
Rab8 (D22D8) XP® Rabbit mAb #6975
|W IP IF-IC||H M R Mk||Endogenous||23||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Rab8 (D22D8) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total Rab8 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys175 of human Rab8 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using Rab8 (D22D8) XP® Rabbit mAb.
The Rab8 GTPase is a member of the Ras superfamily that functions in protein transport and membrane restructuring (1). Studies show that Rab8 is localized to the trans Golgi network (TGN), basolateral membrane, and vesicular structures where it helps regulate target protein transport between TGN and the basolateral membrane (1-3). Overexpression studies and mutation analysis of Rab8 and its associated Rab8GEF indicate additional roles in actin and microtubule remodeling during polarized membrane transport and membrane protrusion formation (4-6). Rab8 associates with myosin Vb and is required for translocation of GLUT4 following insulin stimulation in muscle (7,8). Control of target protein vesicle transport by Rab8 also regulates MT1-MMP activity during extracellular matrix formation and JRAB/MICAL-L2 at tight junction formation (9,10).
- Chen, Y.T. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 90, 6508-12.
- Huber, L.A. et al. (1993) J Cell Biol 123, 35-45.
- Henry, L. and Sheff, D.R. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 2059-68.
- Peränen, J. et al. (1996) J Cell Biol 135, 153-67.
- Hattula, K. et al. (2002) Mol Biol Cell 13, 3268-80.
- Hattula, K. et al. (2006) J Cell Sci 119, 4866-77.
- Ishikura, S. and Klip, A. (2008) Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295, C1016-25.
- Randhawa, V.K. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 27208-19.
- Bravo-Cordero, J.J. et al. (2007) EMBO J 26, 1499-510.
- Yamamura, R. et al. (2008) Mol Biol Cell 19, 971-83.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.