Product Pathways - Cytoskeletal Signaling
PAR2 (D61D5) Rabbit mAb #6976
|W IP||H||Endogenous||32||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
PAR2 (D61D5) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PAR2 protein. The major band detected runs at 32 kDa, the higher molecular weight smear is due to glycosylation.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly44 of human PAR2 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from HCT 116 and Hep G2 cells using PAR2 (D61D5) Rabbit mAb.
PAR2 (F2RL1) belongs to the PAR (Protease-activated Receptor) family of G protein-coupled receptors. These membrane receptors are activated through N-terminal cleavage of the receptor by a serine protease such as thrombin, trypsin, or matrix metalloproteinases (1,2). This cleavage exposes the ‘tethered-ligand’ fragment of the receptor, which binds to a second extracellular loop of the receptor and leads to receptor activation. PAR2 is specifically activated by trypsin or trypsin-like proteases. Activated PAR2 stimulates phosphoinositide hydrolysis and calcium mobilization, interacts with β-arrestin, and eventually leads to ERK activation (3). PAR2 expression and activation are mainly associated with inflammatory diseases (3), but may also play a role in cancer development (4,5).
- Macfarlane, S.R. et al. (2001) Pharmacol Rev 53, 245-82.
- Ossovskaya, V.S. and Bunnett, N.W. (2004) Physiol Rev 84, 579-621.
- Bushell, T. (2007) J Physiol 581, 7-16.
- Su, S. et al. (2009) Oncogene 28, 3047-57.
- Gessler, F. et al. (2010) Neuroscience 165, 1312-22.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.