Product Pathways - TGF-beta/Smad Signaling
BMPR2 Antibody #6979
|6979S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|6979||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation
Specificity / Sensitivity
BMPR2 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total BMPR2 protein. This antibody may also detect a 115 Kd unspecific band.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys763 of human BMPR2 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
BMPR2 is a type II serine/threonine receptor kinase that binds to an array of secreted bone morphogenetic proteins (BMPs). BMPs belong to the superfamily of TGF-β ligands that modulate gastrulation, neurogenesis, chondrogenesis, interdigital cell death, and bone morphogenesis (1-5). In contrast to the TGF-β type II receptor, BMPR2 contains an extended carboxyl-terminal region that interacts with multiple signaling molecules to modulate the responsiveness of target genes to BMPs (6,7). BMP signaling requires oligomerization of both type I and type II receptors to elicit a functional response of target genes. BMP binding to type I and II receptors induces Smad1/5/8 phosphorylation which is required for the activation of target genes (7). In vitro and in vivo evidence suggests that defects in BMPR2 may contribute to pulmonary hypertension, inflammation, and endothelial injury (8,9).
- Storm, E.E. et al. (1994) Nature 368, 639-43.
- Storm, E.E. and Kingsley, D.M. (1996) Development 122, 3969-79.
- Reddi, H. (1995) Adv Dent Res 9, 13.
- Zhang, H. and Bradley, A. (1996) Development 122, 2977-86.
- Dunn, N.R. et al. (1997) Dev Biol 188, 235-47.
- Kudo, T.A. et al. (2010) Tohoku J Exp Med 222, 121-9.
- Gilboa, L. et al. (2000) Mol Biol Cell 11, 1023-35.
- Machado, R.D. et al. (2001) Am J Hum Genet 68, 92-102.
- Long, L. et al. (2009) Circulation 119, 566-76.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4680 BMP4 (6B7) Mouse mAb
- 4697 Human BMP2
- 4693 BMP7 Antibody
- 3713 TGF-β Receptor II (K105) Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 6944 Smad1 (D59D7) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 9516 Phospho-Smad1/5 (Ser463/465) (41D10) Rabbit mAb
- 9553 Phospho-Smad1 (Ser206) Antibody
- 9517 Smad5 Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.