Product Pathways - NF-kB Signaling
RAGE 1 (D1A12) Rabbit mAb #6996
|W||H (Mk)||Endogenous||55||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human Mk=Monkey
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
RAGE 1 (D1A12) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total RAGE 1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human RAGE 1 protein.
The receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) is member of the immunoglobulin (Ig) superfamily. It can be expressed as full-length, membrane-bound RAGE isoform 1 or as a secreted sRAGE protein that lacks a transmembrane domain (1). RAGE is detected during early developmental stages and in the lung under normal physiological conditions (2) and is upregulated at sites of inflammation (3). Advanced glycation end products (AGEs) and a variety of other ligands interact with this receptor (1). Ligand binding activates full-length RAGE and initiates downstream signaling pathways that include activation of NF-κB, which leads to production of pro-inflammatory cytokines and inflammation (4). Activation of these pathways has been implicated in various disease states including Alzheimer disease, diabetes, arthritis, and atherosclerosis (4). Soluble RAGE can competitively bind RAGE ligands in the extracellular environment, which prevents ligand interaction with full-length RAGE at the cell surface (1).
- Bierhaus, A. et al. (2005) J Mol Med 83, 876-86.
- Brett, J. et al. (1993) Am J Pathol 143, 1699-712.
- Sparvero, L.J. et al. (2009) J Transl Med 7, 17.
- Lin, L. et al. (2009) Front Biosci 14, 1403-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4800 RAGE 1 Antibody
- 4679 RAGE Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.