20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide #7003
LumiGLO®* chemiluminescent substrate is a luminol-based system designed for use with our Phototope®-HRP detection assays utilizing peroxidase-labeled antibodies immobilized on membranes. In the presence of hydrogen peroxide, horseradish peroxidase (HRP) converts luminol to an excited intermediate dianion. This dianion emits light on return to its ground state. Light emission is maximal immediately after exposure of the substrate to HRP and continues for 0.5-1 hour. Light can be captured on X-ray film, typically by exposure for a few seconds. Maximum sensitivity can be obtained by longer exposure. *Avoid repeated exposure to skin (see enclosed Material Safety Data Sheet or refer to our website for further information).
There are six basic steps in the Western blotting procedures with the Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System.
- Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis of Proteins: Separate the protein samples and molecular weight standards by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.
- Transfer: Transfer the protein to membrane by standard electroblotting.
- Block Membrane: Block to saturate nonspecific binding sites on the membrane.
- 1° Antibody: Incubate the membrane with the primary antibody.
- 2° Antibody: Incubate the membrane with HRP-linked anti-rabbit IgG and HRP-linked anti-biotin antibodies.
- Chemiluminescent Detection: Add LumiGLO® reagent and capture the emitted light on X-ray film.
Chemiluminescence systems have emerged as the best all-around method for western blot detection. They eliminate the hazards associated with radioactive materials and toxic chromogenic substrates. The speed and sensitivity of these methods are unequalled by traditional alternatives, and because results are generated on film, it is possible to record and store data permanently. Blots detected with chemiluminescent methods are easily stripped for subsequent reprobing with additional antibodies. HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies are utilized in conjunction with specific chemiluminescent substrates to generate the light signal. HRP conjugates have a very high turnover rate, yielding good sensitivity with short reaction times.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7072 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7075 Anti-biotin, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7077 Anti-rat IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.