Product Pathways - Metabolism
PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb #7067
|7067S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7067P||40 µl (4 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7067||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse||Endogenous||60||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IHC-P=Immunohistochemistry (Paraffin), IF-F=Immunofluorescence (Frozen), IF-IC=Immunofluorescence (Immunocytochemistry)
Specificity / Sensitivity
PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total PKM1 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala411 of human PKM1 protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from 293 cells, mock transfected (-) or transfected with a construct expressing Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PKM1 (hPKM1-Myc/DDK; +) or Myc/DDK-tagged full-length human PKM2 (hPKM2-Myc/DDK; +), using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper), DYKDDDDK (9A3) Mouse mAb #8146 (middle), or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Western blot analysis of extracts from various mouse and human tissues using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb (upper) or GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb #5174 (lower).
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded mouse liver using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb. Note the staining of vascular smooth muscle with no staining of hepatocytes.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human colon using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb in the presence of control peptide (left) or antigen-specific peptide (right).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of COS-7 cells, transiently transfected with PKM1 (left) or PKM2 (right), using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Actin filaments were labeled with DyLight™ 554 Phalloidin #13054 (red). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Confocal immunofluorescent analysis of mouse skeletal muscle (left) or liver (right) using PKM1 (D30G6) XP® Rabbit mAb (green). Blue pseudocolor = DRAQ5® #4084 (fluorescent DNA dye).
Pyruvate kinase is a glycolytic enzyme that catalyses the conversion of phosphoenolpyruvate to pyruvate. In mammals, the M1 isoform (PKM1) is expressed in most adult tissues (1). The M2 isoform (PKM2) is an alternatively spliced variant of M1 that is expressed during embryonic development (1). Research studies found that cancer cells exclusively express PKM2 (1-3). PKM2 is shown to be essential for aerobic glycolysis in tumors, known as the Warburg effect (1). When cancer cells switch from the M2 isoform to the M1 isoform, aerobic glycolysis is reduced and oxidative phosphorylation is increased (1). These cells also show decreased tumorigenicity in mouse xenografts (1). Recent studies showed that PKM2 is not essential for all tumor cells (4). In the tumor model studied, PKM2 was found to be active in the non-proliferative tumor cell population and inactive in the proliferative tumor cell population (4).
- Israelsen, W.J. et al. (2013) Cell 155, 397-409. Applications: IHC-P (paraffin).
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4053 PKM2 (D78A4) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3198 PKM2 Antibody
- 3827 Phospho-PKM2 (Tyr105) Antibody
- 3106 PKM1/2 (C5E6) Rabbit mAb
- 3190 PKM1/2 (C103A3) Rabbit mAb
- 3186 PKM1/2 Antibody
- 2024 Hexokinase I (C35C4) Rabbit mAb
- 2804 Hexokinase I Antibody
- 2867 Hexokinase II (C64G5) Rabbit mAb
- 8169 Hexokinase II (3D7) Mouse mAb
- 2106 Hexokinase II Antibody
- 3810 Enolase-1 Antibody
- 8171 Enolase-2 (D20H2) Rabbit mAb
- 9536 Enolase-2 Antibody
- 13123 PFKFB3 (D7H4Q) Rabbit mAb
- 8060 Aldolase A (D73H4) Rabbit mAb
- 3188 Aldolase A Antibody
- 8164 PFKP (D4B2) Rabbit mAb
- 5412 PFKP Antibody
- 8175 PFKL Antibody
- 12098 PGAM1 (D3J9T) Rabbit mAb
- 5174 GAPDH (D16H11) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2118 GAPDH (14C10) Rabbit mAb
- 3820 PDHK1 (C47H1) Rabbit mAb
- 3205 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (C54G1) Rabbit mAb
- 2784 Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Antibody
- 3582 LDHA (C4B5) Rabbit mAb
- 2012 LDHA Antibody
- 8176 Phospho-LDHA (Tyr10) Antibody
- 3558 LDHA/LDHC (C28H7) Rabbit mAb
- 8337 Glycolysis Antibody Sampler Kit
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 8112 SignalStain® Antibody Diluent
- 8114 SignalStain® Boost IHC Detection Reagent (HRP, Rabbit)
- 5425 Normal Goat Serum
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
XP® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DRAQ5® is a registered trademark of Biostatus Limited.
Tween® is a registered trademark of ICI Americas, Inc.
SignalStain® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
DyLight™ is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.