Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Total Chk2 Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7090
|7090S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7090||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|Chk2 Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|Chk2 Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Yellow|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Important Ordering Details
Product is assembled upon order to ensure maximum activity. United States: Please allow up to two weeks for your order to be processed and shipped. Outside of the United States: Please allow up to three weeks, depending on the country, for your order to be processed and shipped.
Cell Signaling Technology's PathScan® Total Chk2 Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Total Chk2 Sandwich ELISA Kit #7045. Capture and detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The Chk2 capture antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by a Chk2 detection antibody and an anti-mouse IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of total Chk2 protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
Chk2 is the mammalian orthologue of the budding yeast Rad53 and fission yeast Cds1 checkpoint kinases (1-3). The amino-terminal domain of Chk2 contains a series of seven serine or threonine residues (Ser19, Thr26, Ser28, Ser33, Ser35, Ser50, and Thr68) each followed by glutamine (SQ or TQ motif). These are known to be preferred sites for phosphorylation by ATM/ATR kinases (4,5). After DNA damage by ionizing radiation (IR), UV irradiation, or hydroxyurea treatment, Thr68 and other sites in this region become phosphorylated by ATM/ATR (5-7). The SQ/TQ cluster domain, therefore, seems to have a regulatory function. Phosphorylation at Thr68 is a prerequisite for the subsequent activation step, which is attributable to autophosphorylation of Chk2 at residues Thr383 and Thr387 in the activation loop of the kinase domain (8).
- Allen, J.B. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 2401-2415.
- Weinert, T.A. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8, 652-665.
- Murakami, H. and Okayama, H. (1995) Nature 374, 817-819.
- Kastan, M.B. and Lim, D.S. (2000) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 1, 179-186.
- Matsuoka, S. et al. (2000) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 97, 10389-10394.
- Melchionna, R. et al. (2000) Nat. Cell Biol. 2, 762-765.
- Ahn, J.Y. et al. (2000) Cancer Res. 60, 5934-5936.
- Lee, C.H. and Chung, J.H. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 30537-30541.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7045 PathScan® Total Chk2 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7037 PathScan® Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 6334 Chk2 (D9C6) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 2662 Chk2 Antibody
- 3440 Chk2 (1C12) Mouse mAb
- 2197 Phospho-Chk2 (Thr68) (C13C1) Rabbit mAb
- 2665 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser33/35) Antibody
- 2666 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser19) Antibody
- 2669 Phospho-Chk2 (Ser516) Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.