Product Pathways - Translational Control
HIF-2α (D9E3) Rabbit mAb #7096
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
HIF-2α (D9E3) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total HIF-2α protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Ala758 of human HIF-2α protein.
Hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) is essential for the cellular response to hypoxia (1,2). Under normoxia conditions, the α subunit of HIF is ubiquitinated by von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) protein and is degraded in the ubiquitin/proteasome pathway (1,2). Hypoxia inhibits the degradation of the α subunit, which leads to its stabilization (1,2). HIF, in turn, regulates the transcription of a variety of genes that respond to hypoxia conditions (1,2). There are several isoforms of the HIF α subunit (2). Studies have found that HIF-1α and HIF-2α expression is increased in some human cancers (2). HIF-1α has both pro- and anti-proliferative activities, whereas HIF-2α does not possess anti-proliferative activity (2). Therefore, HIF-2α likely plays an important role in tumorigenesis (2,3).
- Kaelin, W.G. (2005) Biochem Biophys Res Commun 338, 627-38.
- Toschi, A. et al. (2008) J Biol Chem 283, 34495-9.
- Gordan, J.D. and Simon, M.C. (2007) Curr Opin Genet Dev 17, 71-7.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 3716 HIF-1α Antibody
- 3434 Hydroxy-HIF-1α (Pro564) (D43B5) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 5537 HIF-1β/ARNT (D28F3) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3414 HIF-1β/ARNT (C15A11) Rabbit mAb
- 3718 HIF-1β/ARNT Antibody
- 9997 Tris Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (TBST-10X)
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.