Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7141
|7141S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7141||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Capture Antibody (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|c-Jun Detection Antibody (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody (1000X)||0.04 ml||Natural|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
|Human, Mouse, Rat|
CST's PathScan® Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7145. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and a HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are provided for performing 4 x 96 well ELISAs. Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added, followed by c-Jun Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance at 450 nm is proportional to the quantity of phospho-c-jun (Ser63) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and UV treated 293 cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-c-Jun (Ser 63) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7141 is shown. 293 cells were UV-treated, allowed to recover for 30 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
c-Jun is a member of the Jun family containing c-Jun, JunB, and JunD, and is a component of the transcription factor activator protein-1 (AP-1). AP-1 is composed of dimers of Fos, Jun, and ATF family members and binds to and activates transcription at TRE/AP-1 elements (reviewed in 1). Extracellular signals including growth factors, chemokines, and stress activate AP-1-dependent transcription. The transcriptional activity of c-Jun is regulated by phosphorylation at Ser63 and Ser73 through SAPK/JNK (reviewed in 2). Knock-out studies in mice have shown that c-Jun is essential for embryogenesis (3), and subsequent studies have demonstrated roles for c-Jun in various tissues and developmental processes including axon regeneration (4), liver regeneration (5), and T cell development (6). AP-1 regulated genes exert diverse biological functions including cell proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis, as well as transformation, invasion and metastasis, depending on cell type and context (7-9). Other target genes regulate survival, as well as hypoxia and angiogenesis (8,10). Research studies have implicated c-Jun as a promising therapeutic target for cancer, vascular remodeling, acute inflammation, and rheumatoid arthritis (11,12).
- Jochum, W. et al. (2001) Oncogene 20, 2401-12.
- Davis, R.J. (2000) Cell 103, 239-52.
- Hilberg, F. et al. (1993) Nature 365, 179-81.
- Raivich, G. et al. (2004) Neuron 43, 57-67.
- Behrens, A. et al. (2002) EMBO J 21, 1782-90.
- Riera-Sans, L. and Behrens, A. (2007) J Immunol 178, 5690-700.
- Leppä, S. and Bohmann, D. (1999) Oncogene 18, 6158-62.
- Shaulian, E. and Karin, M. (2002) Nat Cell Biol 4, E131-6.
- Weiss, C. and Bohmann, D. (2004) Cell Cycle 3, 111-3.
- Karamouzis, M.V. et al. (2007) Mol Cancer Res 5, 109-20.
- Kim, S. and Iwao, H. (2003) J Pharmacol Sci 91, 177-81.
- Dass, C.R. and Choong, P.F. (2008) Pharmazie 63, 411-4.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7145 PathScan® Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) Sandwich ELISA Kit II
- 7150 PathScan® Total c-Jun Sandwich ELISA Kit II
- 2361 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) (54B3) Rabbit mAb
- 9261 Phospho-c-Jun (Ser63) II Antibody
- 9165 c-Jun (60A8) Rabbit mAb
- 2315 c-Jun (L70B11) Mouse mAb
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.