Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7201
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|P-S6 Ribosomal Protein (S235/236) Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|S6 Ribosomal Protein Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody (1000X)||0.04 ml||Red|
Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7205. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and an HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are provided for performing 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added, followed by S6 Ribosomal Protein Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance at 450 nm is proportional to the quantity of phospho-S6 Ribosomal protein (Ser235/236) protein.Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and PDGF treated NIH/3T3 cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7201 is shown. NIH/3T3 cells were starved overnight, treated with PDGF for 20 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
One way that growth factors and mitogens effectively promote sustained cell growth and proliferation is by upregulating mRNA translation (1,2). Growth factors and mitogens induce the activation of p70 S6 kinase and the subsequent phosphorylation of the S6 ribosomal protein. Phosphorylation of S6 ribosomal protein correlates with an increase in translation of mRNA transcripts that contain an oligopyrimidine tract in their 5' untranslated regions (2). These particular mRNA transcripts (5'TOP) encode proteins involved in cell cycle progression, as well as ribosomal proteins and elongation factors necessary for translation (2,3). Important S6 ribosomal protein phosphorylation sites include several residues (Ser235, Ser236, Ser240, and Ser244) located within a small, carboxy-terminal region of the S6 protein (4,5).
- Dufner, A. and Thomas, G. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 253, 100-109.
- Peterson, R.T. and Schreiber, S.L. (1998) Curr. Biol. 8, R248-R250.
- Jefferies, H.B. et al. (1997) EMBO J. 16, 3693-3704.
- Ferrari, S. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266, 22770-22775.
- Flotow, H. and Thomas, G. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 3074-3078.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7205 PathScan® Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7225 PathScan® Total S6 Ribosomal Protein Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7203 PathScan® Total S6 Ribosomal Protein Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 4858 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (D57.2.2E) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 4857 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (91B2) Rabbit mAb
- 4856 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) (2F9) Rabbit mAb
- 2211 Phospho-S6 Ribosomal Protein (Ser235/236) Antibody
- 2317 S6 Ribosomal Protein (54D2) Mouse mAb
- 2217 S6 Ribosomal Protein (5G10) Rabbit mAb
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.