Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7207
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|Total Histone H3 Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|Biotinylated P-Histone H3 (S 10) Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|HRP-Linked Streptavidin (1000X)||0.04 ml||Natural|
Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is being offered as an alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7155. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated Streptavidin (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are provided for performing 4 x 96 well ELISAs. Histone Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added, followed by a Biotinylated Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated Streptavidin. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance at 450 nm is proportional to the quantity of Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) protein.*Antibodies in this kit are custom formulations specific to the kit
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and serum- and Calyculin A-treated NIH/3T3 cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7207 is shown. NIH/3T3 cells were starved overnight and then given serum for 15 minutes. Calyculin A was added, the cells were incubated at 37ºC for 15 minutes and then lysed.
Modulation of chromatin structure plays an important role in the regulation of transcription in eukaryotes. The nucleosome, made up of DNA wound around eight core histone proteins (two each of H2A, H2B, H3, and H4), is the primary building block of chromatin (1). The amino-terminal tails of core histones undergo various post-translational modifications, including acetylation, phosphorylation, methylation, and ubiquitination (2-5). These modifications occur in response to various stimuli and have a direct effect on the accessibility of chromatin to transcription factors and, therefore, gene expression (6). In most species, histone H2B is primarily acetylated at Lys5, 12, 15, and 20 (4,7). Histone H3 is primarily acetylated at Lys9, 14, 18, 23, 27, and 56. Acetylation of H3 at Lys9 appears to have a dominant role in histone deposition and chromatin assembly in some organisms (2,3). Phosphorylation at Ser10, Ser28, and Thr11 of histone H3 is tightly correlated with chromosome condensation during both mitosis and meiosis (8-10). Phosphorylation at Thr3 of histone H3 is highly conserved among many species and is catalyzed by the kinase haspin. Immunostaining with phospho-specific antibodies in mammalian cells reveals mitotic phosphorylation at Thr3 of H3 in prophase and its dephosphorylation during anaphase (11).
- Workman, J.L. and Kingston, R.E. (1998) Annu Rev Biochem 67, 545-79.
- Hansen, J.C. et al. (1998) Biochemistry 37, 17637-41.
- Strahl, B.D. and Allis, C.D. (2000) Nature 403, 41-5.
- Cheung, P. et al. (2000) Cell 103, 263-71.
- Bernstein, B.E. and Schreiber, S.L. (2002) Chem Biol 9, 1167-73.
- Jaskelioff, M. and Peterson, C.L. (2003) Nat Cell Biol 5, 395-9.
- Thorne, A.W. et al. (1990) Eur J Biochem 193, 701-13.
- Hendzel, M.J. et al. (1997) Chromosoma 106, 348-60.
- Goto, H. et al. (1999) J Biol Chem 274, 25543-9.
- Preuss, U. et al. (2003) Nucleic Acids Res 31, 878-85.
- Dai, J. et al. (2005) Genes Dev 19, 472-88.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7155 PathScan® Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9715 Histone H3 Antibody
- 9717 Histone H3 (3H1) Rabbit mAb
- 9701 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) Antibody
- 9706 Phospho-Histone H3 (Ser10) (6G3) Mouse mAb
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.