Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7229
|7229S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7229||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|P-Met (Y1234/1235) Capture Ab (100x)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|Met Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Yellow|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Important Ordering Details
Product is assembled upon order to ensure maximum activity. United States: Please allow up to two weeks for your order to be processed and shipped. Outside of the United States: Please allow up to three weeks, depending on the country, for your order to be processed and shipped.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7227. Capture and Detection Antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-Conjugated Secondary Antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Rabbit Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by Met Mouse Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated Secondary Antibody. HRP substrate (TMB) is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between protein concentration of lysates of untreated or phosphatase-treated HCC827 cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7229 is shown. HCC827 cells were cultured (85% confluence) and lysed with or without addition of phosphatase inhibitor to the lysis buffer.
Met, a high affinity tyrosine kinase receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF, also known as scatter factor) is a disulfide-linked heterodimer made of 45 kDa α- and 145 kDa β-subunits (1,2). The α-subunit and the amino-terminal region of the β-subunit form the extracellular domain. The remainder of the β-chain spans the plasma membrane and contains a cytoplasmic region with tyrosine kinase activity. Interaction of Met with HGF results in autophosphorylation at multiple tyrosines, which recruit several downstream signaling components, including Gab1, c-Cbl, and PI3 kinase (3). These fundamental events are important for all of the biological functions involving Met kinase activity. The addition of a phosphate at cytoplasmic Tyr1003 is essential for Met protein ubiquitination and degradation (4). Phosphorylation at Tyr1234/1235 in the Met kinase domain is critical for kinase activation. Phosphorylation at Tyr1349 in the Met cytoplasmic domain provides a direct binding site for Gab1 (5). Research studies have shown that altered Met levels and/or tyrosine kinase activities are found in several types of tumors, including renal, colon, and breast. Thus, investigators have concluded that Met is an attractive potential cancer therapeutic and diagnostic target (6,7).
- Cooper, C.S. et al. (1984) Nature 311, 29-33.
- Bottaro, D.P. et al. (1991) Science 251, 802-4.
- Bardelli, A. et al. (1997) Oncogene 15, 3103-11.
- Taher, T.E. et al. (2002) J Immunol 169, 3793-800.
- Schaeper, U. et al. (2000) J Cell Biol 149, 1419-32.
- Eder, J.P. et al. (2009) Clin Cancer Res 15, 2207-14.
- Sattler, M. and Salgia, R. (2009) Update Cancer Ther 3, 109-118.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7242 PathScan® Total Met Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7333 PathScan® Phospho-Met (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7227 PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7241 PathScan® Phospho-Met (Tyr1003) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7334 PathScan® Phospho-Met (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 3135 Phospho-Met (Tyr1003) (13D11) Rabbit mAb
- 3129 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) (3D7) Rabbit mAb
- 3126 Phospho-Met (Tyr1234/1235) Antibody
- 3121 Phospho-Met (Tyr1349) Antibody
- 3127 Met (25H2) Mouse mAb
- 3148 Met (L41G3) Mouse mAb
- 4560 Met Antibody
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.