Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-p44 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7278
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|p44 MAPK Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|P-p44/42 MAPK (T202/ Y204) Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Yellow|
Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-p44 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-p44 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Kit, #7315. Capture and detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are provided for performing 4 x 96 well ELISAs. p44 MAPK Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added, followed by a Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance at 450 nm is proportional to the quantity of phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) protein.Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and PDGF-treated NIH/3T3 cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phospho-p44 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7278 is shown. NIH/3T3 cells were treated with PDGF for 5 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) are a widely conserved family of serine/threonine protein kinases involved in many cellular programs, such as cell proliferation, differentiation, motility, and death. The p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) signaling pathway can be activated in response to a diverse range of extracellular stimuli including mitogens, growth factors, and cytokines (1-3), and research investigators consider it an important target in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer (4). Upon stimulation, a sequential three-part protein kinase cascade is initiated, consisting of a MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK or MAP3K), a MAP kinase kinase (MAPKK or MAP2K), and a MAP kinase (MAPK). Multiple p44/42 MAP3Ks have been identified, including members of the Raf family, as well as Mos and Tpl2/COT. MEK1 and MEK2 are the primary MAPKKs in this pathway (5,6). MEK1 and MEK2 activate p44 and p42 through phosphorylation of activation loop residues Thr202/Tyr204 and Thr185/Tyr187, respectively. Several downstream targets of p44/42 have been identified, including p90RSK (7) and the transcription factor Elk-1 (8,9). p44/42 are negatively regulated by a family of dual-specificity (Thr/Tyr) MAPK phosphatases, known as DUSPs or MKPs (10), along with MEK inhibitors, such as U0126 and PD98059.
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 68, 320-44.
- Baccarini, M. (2005) FEBS Lett 579, 3271-7.
- Meloche, S. and Pouysségur, J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3227-39.
- Roberts, P.J. and Der, C.J. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3291-310.
- Rubinfeld, H. and Seger, R. (2005) Mol Biotechnol 31, 151-74.
- Murphy, L.O. and Blenis, J. (2006) Trends Biochem Sci 31, 268-75.
- Dalby, K.N. et al. (1998) J Biol Chem 273, 1496-505.
- Marais, R. et al. (1993) Cell 73, 381-93.
- Kortenjann, M. et al. (1994) Mol Cell Biol 14, 4815-24.
- Owens, D.M. and Keyse, S.M. (2007) Oncogene 26, 3203-13.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7315 PathScan® Phospho-p44 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7177 PathScan® Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Thr202/Tyr204) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 9106 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (E10) Mouse mAb
- 4372 p44 MAP Kinase (Erk1) Antibody
- 4696 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (L34F12) Mouse mAb
- 4695 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (137F5) Rabbit mAb
- 9102 p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) Antibody
- 9101 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) Antibody
- 4377 Phospho-p44/42 MAPK (Erk1/2) (Thr202/Tyr204) (197G2) Rabbit mAb
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7076 Anti-mouse IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.