Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7287
When ordering five or more kits, please contact us for processing time and pricing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Solution Color|
|IRS-1 Ab Coated Microwells||96 tests|
|P-IRS-1 (S307) Detection Ab||11 ml||Green|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||11 ml||Red|
|TMB Substrate #7004||11 ml||Colorless|
|STOP Solution #7002||11 ml||Colorless|
|Sealing Tape||2 sheets|
|ELISA Wash Buffer (20X)||25 ml||Colorless|
|ELISA Sample Diluent||25 ml||Blue|
|Cell Lysis Buffer (10X) #9803||15 ml||Yellowish|
Note: 12 8-well modules –Each module is designed to break apart for 8 tests.
Note: Kit should be stored at 4°C with the exception of Cell Lysis Buffer, which is stored at –20°C (packaged separately).
Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
The PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit is a solid phase sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) that detects endogenous levels of IRS-1 when phosphorylated at Ser307. An IRS-1 Mouse Antibody has been coated onto the microwells. After incubation with cell lysates, IRS-1 (phospho and nonphospho) is captured by the coated antibody. Following extensive washing, a Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Rabbit Detection Antibody is added to detect phosphorylation of Ser307 on the captured IRS-1 protein. Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody #7074 is then used to recognize the bound detection antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added to develop color. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of IRS-1 phosphorylated at Ser307.Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CST's PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7287 detects endogenous levels of IRS-1 when phosphorylated at Ser307. As shown in Figure 1, a significant induction of IRS-1 phosphorylation at Ser307 can be detected in hSkMC cells following treatment with insulin using the Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7287. The level of total IRS-1 (phospho and nonphospho) remains unchanged as shown by Western analysis and by PathScan® Total IRS-1 Sandwich ELISA Kit #7328 (Figure 1). This kit detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
ELISA - Western correlation
Figure 1. Treatment of hSkMC cells with insulin stimulates phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser307, detected by the PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7287, but does not affect the level of total IRS-1 detected by PathScan® Total IRS-1 Sandwich ELISA Kit #7328. hSkMC cells (80-90% confluent) were starved overnight and treated with 100 nM insulin for 15 minutes at 37oC. The absorbance readings at 450 nm are shown in the top figure, while the corresponding Western blots using IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb #3194 (left panel) or Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody #2381 (right panel) are shown in the bottom figure.
Insulin receptor substrate 1 (IRS-1) is one of the major substrates of the insulin receptor kinase (1). IRS-1 contains multiple tyrosine phosphorylation motifs that serve as docking sites for SH2-domain containing proteins that mediate the metabolic and growth-promoting functions of insulin (2-4). IRS-1 also contains over 30 potential serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Ser307 of IRS-1 is phosphorylated by JNK (5) and IKK (6) while Ser789 is phosphorylated by SIK-2, a member of the AMPK family (7). The PKC and mTOR pathways mediate phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser612 and Ser636/639, respectively (8,9). Phosphorylation of IRS-1 at Ser1101 is mediated by PKCθ and results in an inhibition of insulin signaling in the cell, suggesting a potential mechanism for insulin resistance in some models of obesity (10).
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1991) Nature 352, 73-77.
- Sun, X.J. et al. (1992) J. Biol. Chem. 267, 22662-22672.
- Myers Jr., M.G. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 132, 1421-1430.
- Wang, L.M. et al. (1993) Science 261, 1591-1594.
- Rui, L. et al. (1997) J. Clin. Invest. 107, 181-189.
- Gao, Z. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 48115-48121.
- Horike, N. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278, 18440-18447.
- Ozes, O.N. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98, 4640-4645.
- De Fea, K. and Ruth, R.A. (1997) Biochemistry 36, 12939-12947.
- Li, Y. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279, 45304-45307.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7328 PathScan® Total IRS-1 Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7332 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser612) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7133 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7283 PathScan® Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser302) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 2382 IRS-1 Antibody
- 2390 IRS-1 (59G8) Rabbit mAb
- 3194 IRS-1 (L3D12) Mouse mAb
- 2381 Phospho-IRS-1 (Ser307) Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.