Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7294
|7294S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7294||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|c-Kit Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|Biotinylated P-Tyrosine Detection Ab(100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|HRP-Linked Streptavidin (1000X)||0.04 ml||Natural|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
Important Ordering Details
Product is assembled upon order to ensure maximum activity. United States: Please allow up to two weeks for your order to be processed and shipped. Outside of the United States: Please allow up to three weeks, depending on the country, for your order to be processed and shipped.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7231. Capture and Detection Antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-Conjugated Streptavidin (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The c-Kit Mouse Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by Biotinylated Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse Detection Antibody and HRP-conjugated streptavidin. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of phospho-c-Kit (panTyr) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between protein concentration of lysates from untreated and SCF-treated H526 lysates and the absorbance at 450 nm is shown. Cells (0.5x106 cells/ml) were serum starved overnight and then treated with Human Stem Cell Factor (hSCF) #8925 (100 ng/ml) for 5 min at 37°C, and then lysed.
c-Kit is a member of the subfamily of receptor tyrosine kinases that includes PDGF, CSF-1, and FLT3/flk-2 receptors (1,2). It plays a critical role in activation and growth in a number of cell types including hematopoietic stem cells, mast cells, melanocytes, and germ cells (3). Upon binding with its stem cell factor (SCF) ligand, c-Kit undergoes dimerization/oligomerization and autophosphorylation. Activation of c-Kit results in the recruitment and tyrosine phosphorylation of downstream SH2-containing signaling components including PLCγ, the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase, SHP2, and CrkL (4). Molecular lesions that impair the kinase activity of c-Kit are associated with a variety of developmental disorders (5), and mutations that constitutively activate c-Kit can lead to pathogenesis of mastocytosis and gastrointestinal stromal tumors (6). Tyr719 is located in the kinase insert region of the catalytic domain. c-Kit phosphorylated at Tyr719 binds to the p85 subunit of PI3 kinase in vitro and in vivo (7).
- Martin, F.H. et al. (1990) Cell 63, 203-11.
- Yarden, Y. et al. (1987) EMBO J 6, 3341-51.
- Gommerman, J.L. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 30519-25.
- Sattler, M. et al. (1997) J Biol Chem 272, 10248-53.
- Nocka, K. et al. (1990) EMBO J 9, 1805-13.
- Hirota, S. et al. (1998) Science 279, 577-80.
- Blume-Jensen, P. et al. (2000) Nat Genet 24, 157-62.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7231 PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (panTyr) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7197 PathScan® Total c-Kit Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7298 PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr719) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7299 PathScan® Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr719) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 3391 Phospho-c-Kit (Tyr719) Antibody
- 3308 c-Kit (Ab81) Mouse mAb
- 3074 c-Kit (D13A2) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
- 9411 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100)
- 9417 Phospho-Tyrosine Mouse mAb (P-Tyr-100) (Biotinylated)
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween 20 (PBST-20X)
- 8925 Human Stem Cell Factor (hSCF)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.