Product Pathways - Adhesion
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 594 Conjugate) #7319
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
* Product-specific protocol.
Specificity / Sensitivity
EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 594 Conjugate) detects endogenous levels of total EpCAM protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with NCI-H69 small cell lung carcinoma cells.
This Cell Signaling Technology antibody is conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 594 fluorescent dye and tested in-house for direct immunofluorescent analysis in human cells. The antibody is expected to exhibit the same species cross-reactivity as the unconjugated EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb #2929.
Epithelial cell adhesion and activating molecule (EpCAM/CD326) is a transmembrane glycoprotein that mediates Ca2+-independent, homophilic adhesions on the basolateral surface of most epithelial cells. EpCAM is not expressed in adult squamous epithelium, but it is highly expressed in adeno and squamous cell carcinomas (1). Research studies identified EpCAM as one of the first tumor-associated antigens, and it has long been a marker of epithelial and tumor tissue. Investigators have shown that EpCAM is highly expressed in cancer cells (reviewed in 2,3).
- Went, P.T. et al. (2004) Hum Pathol 35, 122-8.
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Gires, O. (2007) Br J Cancer 96, 417-23.
- Armstrong, A. and Eck, S.L. (2003) Cancer Biol Ther 2, 320-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 2929 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb
- 5488 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 555 Conjugate)
- 5198 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 5447 EpCAM (VU1D9) Mouse mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.