Product Pathways - PathScan ELISA
PathScan® Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7343
|7343S||1 Kit (Reagents for 4 x 96 well plates)||---||In Stock||---|
|7343||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|Kit Includes||Volume||Cap Color|
|IkB-alpha Capture Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Pink|
|P-IkB-alpha (S32) Detection Ab (100X)||0.4 ml||Blue|
|Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody||0.04 ml||Red|
Storage: Capture and detection antibodies are stored at 4°C. HRP-linked secondary reagent is stored at -20°C.
CST's PathScan® Phospho-IκB-α (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair is offered as an economical alternative to our PathScan® Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Kit #7355. Capture and Detection antibodies (100X stocks) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody (1000X stock) are supplied. Sufficient reagents are supplied for 4 x 96 well ELISAs. The IκBα Capture Antibody is coated in PBS overnight in a 96 well microplate. After blocking, cell lysates are added followed by a Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Detection Antibody and anti-Rabbit IgG, HRP conjugated antibody. HRP substrate, TMB, is added for color development. The magnitude of the absorbance for this developed color is proportional to the quantity of Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) protein.
Antibodies in kit are custom formulations specific to kit.
Specificity / Sensitivity
For Antibody Pair specificity and sensitivity, please refer to the corresponding PathScan® Sandwich ELISA Kit. Note: This antibody pair detects proteins from the indicated species, as determined through in-house testing, but may also detect homologous proteins from other species.
The relationship between lysate protein concentration from untreated and TNF-α and IL-1β treated HeLa cells and the absorbance at 450 nm using PathScan® Phopho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair #7343 is shown. HeLa cells were treated with TNF-α and IL-1β for 5 minutes at 37ºC and then lysed.
The NF-κB/Rel transcription factors are present in the cytosol in an inactive state complexed with the inhibitory IκB proteins (1-3). Activation occurs via phosphorylation of IκBα at Ser32 and Ser36 followed by proteasome-mediated degradation that results in the release and nuclear translocation of active NF-κB (3-7). IκBα phosphorylation and resulting Rel-dependent transcription are activated by a highly diverse group of extracellular signals including inflammatory cytokines, growth factors, and chemokines. Kinases that phosphorylate IκB at these activating sites have been identified (8).
- Baeuerle, P.A. and Baltimore, D. (1988) Science 242, 540-6.
- Beg, A.A. and Baldwin, A.S. (1993) Genes Dev 7, 2064-70.
- Finco, T.S. et al. (1994) Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91, 11884-8.
- Brown, K. et al. (1995) Science 267, 1485-8.
- Brockman, J.A. et al. (1995) Mol Cell Biol 15, 2809-18.
- Traenckner, E.B. et al. (1995) EMBO J 14, 2876-83.
- Chen, Z.J. et al. (1996) Cell 84, 853-62.
- Karin, M. and Ben-Neriah, Y. (2000) Annu Rev Immunol 18, 621-63.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 9808 Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS-20X)
- 9809 Phosphate Buffered Saline with Tween® 20 (PBST-20X)
- 9998 BSA
- 7004 TMB Substrate
- 7002 STOP Solution
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7355 PathScan® Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7360 PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Kit
- 7831 PathScan® Total IκBα Sandwich ELISA Antibody Pair
- 4812 IκBα (44D4) Rabbit mAb
- 4814 IκBα (L35A5) Mouse mAb (Amino-terminal Antigen)
- 9247 IκBα (112B2) Mouse mAb (Carboxy-terminal Antigen)
- 9242 IκBα Antibody
- 2859 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32) (14D4) Rabbit mAb
- 9246 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (5A5) Mouse mAb
- 5210 Phospho-IκBα (Ser32/36) (12C2) Mouse mAb
- 9240 PhosphoPlus® IκBα (Ser32/36) Antibody Kit
- 9803 Cell Lysis Buffer (10X)
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
PathScan® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.