Product Pathways - Tyrosine Kinase / Adaptors
Tie2 (D9D10) Rabbit mAb #7403
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Tie2 (D9D10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogeneous levels of total Tie2 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Arg580 of human Tie2 protein.
Tie2/Tek is a receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) expressed almost exclusively on endothelial cells. It is critical for vasculogenesis and could be important for maintaining endothelial cell survival and integrity in adult blood vessels as well as tumor angiogenesis (1-3). A family of ligands known as the angiopoietins binds to Tie2. Interestingly, these ligands appear to have opposing actions; Angiopoietin-1 (Ang1) and Angiopoietin-4 (Ang4) stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of Tie2; Angiopoietin-2 (Ang2) and Angiopoietin-3 (Ang3) can inhibit this phosphorylation (4,5). Downstream signaling components, including Grb2, Grb7, Grb14, SHP-2, the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and p56/Dok-2 interact with Tie2 in a phosphotyrosine-dependent manner through their SH2 or PTB domains (6,7). Tyr992 is located on the putative activation loop of Tie2 and is a major autophosphorylation site (8).
- Ward, N.L. and Dumont, D.J. (2002) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 13, 19-27.
- Jones, N. and Dumont, D.J. (2000) Cancer Metastasis Rev. 19, 13-17.
- Partanen, J. and Dumont, D.J. (1999) Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol. 237, 159-172.
- Ellis, L. M. et al. (2002) Oncology 16, 31-35.
- Koh, G. Y. et al. (2002) Exp. Mol. Med. 34, 1-11.
- Jones, N. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274, 30896-30905.
- Jones, N. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell. Biol. 23, 2658-2668.
- Murray, B. W. et al. (2001) Biochem. 40, 10243-10253.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4221 Phospho-Tie2 (Tyr992) Antibody
- 4224 Tie2 (AB33) Mouse mAb
- 4226 Phospho-Tie2 (Ser1119) Antibody
- 2948 Angiopoietin-2 Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.