Product Pathways - Transcription Factors
FoxC1 Antibody #7415
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
FoxC1 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total FoxC1 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Tyr64 of human FoxC1 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Forkhead box (Fox) proteins are a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors defined by the presence of a winged helix DNA binding domain called a Forkhead box (1). In humans, there are over 40 known Fox protein family members, divided into 19 subfamilies, which have evolved to regulate gene transcription in diverse and highly specialized biological contexts throughout development (2). Mutations that disrupt the expression of Fox gene family members have consequently been implicated in a broad array of human disorders, including immunological dysfunction, infertility, speech/language disorders, and cancer (3,4).
FoxC1 (FKHL7, FREAC3) is one of two mammalian FoxC subfamily members. Along with FoxC2, it is expressed in paraxial mesoderm where it functions to promote somitogenesis, myogenesis, and vascular development, possibly under Wnt/β-catenin regulation (5). Mutations in FoxC1 are implicated in anterior segment dysgenesis (ASD) disorders, including congenital glaucoma and Axenfeld-Rieger syndrome (6). Alterations in FoxC1 expression have been linked to breast cancer invasiveness (7,8) and have been shown to modulate proliferation and migration of breast cancer cells in vitro (9).
- Myatt, S.S. and Lam, E.W. (2007) Nat Rev Cancer 7, 847-59.
- Jackson, B.C. et al. (2010) Hum Genomics 4, 345-52.
- Hannenhalli, S. and Kaestner, K.H. (2009) Nat Rev Genet 10, 233-40.
- Benayoun, B.A. et al. (2011) Trends Genet, Epub ahead of print.
- Savage, J. et al. (2010) Differentiation 79, 31-40.
- Weisschuh, N. et al. (2008) Clin Genet 74, 476-80.
- Dejeux, E. et al. (2010) Mol Cancer 9, 68.
- Muggerud, A.A. et al. (2010) Breast Cancer Res 12, R3.
- Ray, P.S. et al. (2010) Cancer Res 70, 3870-6.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 9946 Forkhead Signaling Antibody Sampler Kit
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.