Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb #7419
|7419S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7419||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||58||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-5 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MAPKAPK-2 or MAPKAPK-3.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Gly367 of human MAPKAPK-5 protein.
MAPKAPK-5 belongs to the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) activated protein kinases (MK) subfamily that includes MAPKAPK-2/MK2 and MK3/3pK. The MK subfamily is part of a family of protein kinase subfamilies downstream of MAPK pathways and includes ribosomal S6 kinase (RSKs), mitogen and stress activated kinases (MSKs) and MAPK-interacting kinases (MNKs). All MKs are activated by MAPK pathways and mediate important processes (e.g. gene expression, cell cycle progression) and have been implicated in inflammation and cancer (1,2). MAPKAPK-5 shows binding to and activation by p38 MAPK and extracellular-regulated kinases (Erk) (3,4). MAPKAPK-5 was shown to be activated by Erk3 and act as a chaperone to Erk3 (5,6). While overexpressed MAPKAPK-5 shares similar substrates with MAPKAPK-2, such as HSP27 and glycogen synthase, recent work with MAPKAPK-5 knock-out mice indicates distinct substrates and functional properties (7).
- Roux, P.P. and Blenis, J. (2004) Microbio.l Mol. Biol. Rev. 68, 320-344.
- Gaestel, M. (2006) Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 7, 120-130.
- New, L. et al. (1998) EMBO J. 17, 3372-3384.
- Ni, H. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 243, 492-496.
- Schumacher, S. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 4770-4779.
- Seternes, O.M. et al. (2004) EMBO J. 23, 4780-4791.
- Shi, Y. et al. (2003) Mol. Cell Biol. 23, 7732-7741.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7421 MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb
- 3043 MAPKAPK-3 Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3316 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr222) (9A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4338 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4320 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.