Product Pathways - MAPK Signaling
MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb #7421
|W||H M R Mk Pg||Endogenous||42||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
MAPKAPK-3 (D54E4) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total MAPKAPK-3 protein. This antibody does not cross-react with MAPKAPK-2 or MAPKAPK-5.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Pro34 of human MAPKAPK-3 protein.
MAPKAPK-3 has a single potential SH3-binding site in the proline-rich amino terminus, a putative ATP-binding site, 2 MAP kinase phosphorylation site motifs, and a putative nuclear localization signal. It shares 72% nucleotide and 75% amino acid identity with MAPKAPK-2 (1). MAPKAPK-3 has been shown to be activated by growth inducers and stress stimulation of cells. In vitro studies have demonstrated that Erk, p38 MAP kinase, and Jun amino-terminal kinase are able to phosphorylate and activate MAPKAPK-3, which suggested a role for this kinase as an integrative element of signaling in both mitogen and stress responses (2). MAPKAPK-3 was reported to interact with, phosphorylate, and repress the activity of E47, which is a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor involved in the regulation of tissue-specific gene expression and cell differentiation (3). MAPKAPK-3 may also support luteal maturation through the phosphorylation and activation of the nuclear transcription factor CREB (4).
- Sithanandam, G. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell Biol. 16, 868-876.
- Ludwig, S. et al. (1996) Mol. Cell Biol. 16, 6687-6697.
- Neufeld, B. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 20239-20242.
- Maizels, E.T. et al. (2001) Mol. Endocrinol. 15, 716-733.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 7419 MAPKAPK-5 (D70A10) Rabbit mAb
- 3043 MAPKAPK-3 Antibody
- 3042 MAPKAPK-2 Antibody
- 3041 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) Antibody
- 3316 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr222) (9A7) Rabbit mAb
- 3007 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb
- 4338 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 488 Conjugate)
- 4320 Phospho-MAPKAPK-2 (Thr334) (27B7) Rabbit mAb (Alexa Fluor® 647 Conjugate)
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.