Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
CBP (D9B6) Rabbit mAb #7425
|7425S||100 µl (10 western blots)||---||In Stock||---|
|7425||carrier free and custom formulation / quantity||email request|
Already purchased this product? Write a Review.
|W||1:1000||Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey||Endogenous||300||Rabbit IgG|
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot.
Applications Key: W=Western Blotting, IP=Immunoprecipitation, ChIP=Chromatin IP
Specificity / Sensitivity
CBP (D9B6) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total CBP protein. This antibody also shows some cross-reactivity with p300 protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a recombinant protein specific to the carboxy terminus of human CBP protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using CBP (D9B6) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 293 cells, treated with Forskolin #3828 (30 μM) for 1h, and either 10 μl of CBP (D9B6) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729, using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using human ALS2 exon 1 primers, SimpleChIP® Human NR4A3 Promoter Primers #4829, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
CBP (CREB-binding protein) and p300 are highly conserved and functionally related transcriptional co-activators that associate with transcriptional regulators and signaling molecules, integrating multiple signal transduction pathways with the transcriptional machinery (1,2). CBP/p300 also contain histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity, allowing them to acetylate histones and other proteins (2). Phosphorylation of p300 at Ser89 by PKC represses its transciptional acitivity, and phosphorylation at the same site by AMPK disrupts the association of p300 with nuclear receptors (3,4). Ser1834 phosphorylation of p300 by Akt disrupts its association with C/EBPβ (5). Growth factors induce phosphorylation of CBP at Ser437, which is required for CBP recruitment to the transcription complex (6). CaM kinase IV phosphorylates CBP at Ser302, which is required for CBP-dependent transcriptional activation in the CNS (7). The role of acetylation of CBP/p300 is of particular interest (2,8). Acetylation of p300 at Lys1499 has been demonstrated to enhance its HAT activity and affect a wide variety of signaling events (9).
- Goodman, R.H. and Smolik, S. (2000) Genes Dev 14, 1553-77.
- Chan, H.M. and La Thangue, N.B. (2001) J. Cell Sci. 114, 2363-2373.
- Yuan, L.W. and Gambee, J.E. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 40946-40951.
- Yang, W. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 38341-38344.
- Guo, S. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276, 8516-8523.
- Zanger, K. et al. (2001) Mol. Cell 7, 551-558.
- Impey, S. et al. (2002) Neuron 34, 235-244.
- Yuan, L.W. and Giordano, A. (2002) Oncogene 21, 2253-2260.
- Thompson, P.R. et al. (2004) Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 11, 308-315.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4771 Acetyl-CBP (Lys1535)/p300 (Lys1499) Antibody
- 3378 PCAF (C14G9) Rabbit mAb
- 3305 GCN5L2 (C26A10) Rabbit mAb
- 5356 HDAC1 (10E2) Mouse mAb
- 2540 HDAC2 Antibody
- 5113 HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb
- 3949 HDAC3 (7G6C5) Mouse mAb
- 7628 HDAC4 (D15C3) Rabbit mAb
- 5392 HDAC4 (4A3) Mouse mAb
- 2082 Histone Deacetylase 5 (HDAC5) Antibody
- 7558 HDAC6 (D2E5) Rabbit mAb
- 7612 HDAC6 (D21B10) Rabbit mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.
Cell Signaling Technology® is a trademark of Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.