Product Pathways - Cell Cycle / Checkpoint
Eg5 Antibody #7625
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
Eg5 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total Eg5 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human Eg5 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
Eg5 (also called kinesin-like protein 11 or Kif11) belongs to the kinesin-like family of motor proteins important in chromosome positioning, centrosome separation, and mitotic spindle formation. Phosphorylation of Eg5 by mitotic kinases regulates its activity by modulating its association with microtubules (1,2). Because anti-mitotic chemotherapeutic drugs, such as taxanes, target microtubules and have pleiotropic and sometimes toxic effects, drugs that target microtubule-associated proteins such as Eg5 are currently in development (3-5).
- Blangy, A. et al. (1995) Cell 83, 1159-69.
- Rapley, J. et al. (2008) J Cell Sci 121, 3912-21.
- Sarli, V. and Giannis, A. (2006) ChemMedChem 1, 293-8.
- Cox, C.D. et al. (2008) J Med Chem 51, 4239-52.
- Nakai, R. et al. (2009) Cancer Res 69, 3901-9.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4203 Eg5 (4H3-1F12) Mouse mAb
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.