Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
CHD8 Antibody #7656
Reactivity Key: H=Human
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
CHD8 Antibody recognizes endogenous levels of total CHD8 protein.
Source / Purification
Polyclonal antibodies are produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the amino terminus of human CHD8 protein. Antibodies are purified by protein A and peptide affinity chromatography.
CHD8 belongs to the chromodomain helicase DNA-binding (CHD) family of ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling proteins (1). The CHD family of proteins has been shown to play an important role in regulating gene expression by utilizing the energy derived from ATP hydrolysis to alter chromatin architecture (1,2). The nine CHD family members are characterized by the presence of two tandem chromodomains in the N-terminal region and an SNF2-like ATPase domain near the central region of the protein (2-4). In addition, CHD8 contains three CR (conserved region) domains, a SANT (switching-defective protein 3, adaptor 2, nuclear receptor co-repressor, transcription factor IIB)-like domain, two BRK (brahma and kismet) domains, and a DNA-binding domain (2). The chromatin remodeling activity of CHD8 has been shown to be important for the regulation of a wide variety of genes, such as the HOX genes (5) and genes that are driven by β-catenin (6), p53 (7), estrogen receptor (8), or androgen receptor (9). CHD8 can also interact with the insulator binding protein CTCF and is required for CTCF insulator activity at multiple gene loci (10).
- Hargreaves, D.C. and Crabtree, G.R. (2011) Cell Res 21, 396-420.
- Marfella, C.G. and Imbalzano, A.N. (2007) Mutat Res 618, 30-40.
- Delmas, V. et al. (1993) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90, 2414-8.
- Woodage, T. et al. (1997) Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94, 11472-7.
- Yates, J.A. et al. (2010) FEBS Lett 584, 689-93.
- Thompson, B.A. et al. (2008) Mol Cell Biol 28, 3894-904.
- Nishiyama, M. et al. (2009) Nat Cell Biol 11, 172-82.
- Caldon, C.E. et al. (2009) Mol Cell Biol 29, 4623-39.
- Menon, T. et al. (2010) Mol Endocrinol 24, 1165-74.
- Ishihara, K. et al. (2006) Mol Cell 23, 733-42.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 4170 CHD2 Antibody
- 4241 CHD3 Antibody
- 4245 CHD4 Antibody
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.