Product Pathways - Chromatin Regulation / Epigenetics
SIN3A (D1B7) Rabbit mAb #7691
|W ChIP||H M R Mk (Pg) (Hr)||Endogenous||145||Rabbit IgG|
Reactivity Key: H=Human M=Mouse R=Rat Mk=Monkey Pg=Pig Hr=Horse
Species cross-reactivity is determined by western blot. Species enclosed in parentheses are predicted to react based on 100% sequence homology.
Specificity / Sensitivity
SIN3A (D1B7) Rabbit mAb recognizes endogenous levels of total SIN3A protein. Based on protein sequence, this antibody is not predicted to cross-react with SIN3B protein.
Source / Purification
Monoclonal antibody is produced by immunizing animals with a synthetic peptide corresponding to residues near the carboxy terminus of human SIN3A protein.
Western blot analysis of extracts from various cell lines using SIN3A (D1B7) Rabbit mAb.
Chromatin immunoprecipitations were performed with cross-linked chromatin from 4 x 106 MCF7 cells grown in phenol red free medium and charcoal stripped FBS for 4 d and then treated with β-estradiol (10 nM) for 1 hr and either 5 μl of SIN3A (D1B7) Rabbit mAb or 2 μl of Normal Rabbit IgG #2729 using SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads) #9003. The enriched DNA was quantified by real-time PCR using SimpleChIP® Human ESR1 Promoter Primers #9673, SimpleChIP® Human GAPDH Exon 1 Primers #5516, SimpleChIP® Human MyoD1 Exon 1 Primers #4490, and SimpleChIP® Human α Satellite Repeat Primers #4486. The amount of immunoprecipitated DNA in each sample is represented as signal relative to the total amount of input chromatin, which is equivalent to one.
SIN3 was originally identified as a negative regulator of transcription in budding yeast (1,2). Since then, three isoforms of the SIN3 proteins have been identified in mammalian cells, as products of two different genes, SIN3A and SIN3B (3,4). Both SIN3A and SIN3B are nuclear proteins that function as scaffolding subunits for the multi-subunit SIN3 transcriptional repressor complex, containing SIN3A or SIN3B, HDAC1, HDAC2, SDS3, RBBP4/RBAP48, RBBP7/RBAP46, SAP30, and SAP18 (3,4). SIN3 proteins contain four paired amphipathic alpha-helix (PAH) motifs that function in the recruitment of the SIN3 complex to target genes by binding a multitude of DNA-binding transcriptional repressor proteins, including Mad1, p53, E2F4, HCF-1, AML1, Elk-1, NRSF, CTCF, ERα, and MeCP2 (3,4). In addition, SIN3 proteins contain an HDAC interaction domain (HID), which mediates binding of HDAC1 and HDAC2 via the SDS3 bridging protein, and a highly conserved region (HCR) at the carboxy terminus, which contributes to repressor protein binding (3,4). RBBP4 and RBBP7 proteins also bind to SDS3 and contribute to nucleosome binding of the complex. The SIN3 complex functions to repress transcription, in part, by deacetylating histones at target gene promoters (3,4). In addition, recent studies have shown that SIN3 is recruited to the coding regions of repressed and active genes, where it deacetylates histones and suppresses spurious transcription by RNA polymerase II (3,5). In addition to histone deacetylase activity, the SIN3 complex associates with histone methyltransferase (ESET), histone demethylase (JARID1A/RBP2), ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling (SWI/SNF), methylcytosine dioxygenase (TET1), and O-GlcNAc transferase (OGT) activities, all of which appear to contribute to the regulation of target genes (5-9). The SIN3 complex is critical for proper regulation of embryonic development, cell growth and proliferation, apoptosis, DNA replication, DNA repair, and DNA methylation (imprinting and X-chromosome inactivation) (3,4).
- Sternberg, P.W. et al. (1987) Cell 48, 567-77.
- Nasmyth, K. et al. (1987) Cell 48, 579-87.
- Grzenda, A. et al. Biochim Biophys Acta 1789, 443-50.
- McDonel, P. et al. (2009) Int J Biochem Cell Biol 41, 108-16.
- van Oevelen, C. et al. (2008) Mol Cell 32, 359-70.
- Yang, L. et al. (2003) Biochem J 369, 651-7.
- Sif, S. et al. (2001) Genes Dev 15, 603-18.
- Williams, K. et al. (2011) Nature 473, 343-8.
- Yang, X. et al. (2002) Cell 110, 69-80.
Have you published research involving the use of our products? If so we'd love to hear about it. Please let us know!
- 5356 HDAC1 (10E2) Mouse mAb
- 5113 HDAC2 (3F3) Mouse mAb
- 6882 RBAP46 (V415) Antibody
- 9067 RBAP46/RBAP48 (D4F8) Rabbit mAb
- 2196 ESET (C1C12) Rabbit mAb
- 3876 JARID1A (D28B10) XP® Rabbit mAb
- 3508 Brg1 (A52) Antibody
- 6889 BRM Antibody
- 7071 Phototope®-HRP Western Blot Detection System, Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7074 Anti-rabbit IgG, HRP-linked Antibody
- 7720 Prestained Protein Marker, Broad Range (Premixed Format)
- 7727 Biotinylated Protein Ladder Detection Pack
- 7003 20X LumiGLO® Reagent and 20X Peroxide
- 9998 BSA
- 9999 Nonfat Dry Milk
- 9002 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9003 SimpleChIP® Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9004 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Agarose Beads)
- 9005 SimpleChIP® Plus Enzymatic Chromatin IP Kit (Magnetic Beads)
- 9007 ChIP-Grade Protein G Agarose Beads
- 9006 ChIP-Grade Protein G Magnetic Beads
- 7017 6-Tube Magnetic Separation Rack
For Research Use Only. Not For Use In Diagnostic Procedures.